The Ultimate Checklist for a Successful 2021 Prime Day
Prime Day has grown to become the biggest shopping event of the year. Its humble beginning back on the 15th of July 2015 had one purpose – celebrating the company’s 20th anniversary. According to Amazon’s blog, it is said that Amazon is investing $18 billion in efforts to help small and medium-sized businesses succeed. If you are an Amazon seller, you are most likely ready for the big event, but having everything checked again can’t hurt.
In our efforts to maximize the success of our clients, we created an ultimate checklist we believe will raise your advertising to the next level.
Last year was a huge success for small and medium-sized businesses that accumulated $3.5 billion in sales, surpassing 2019 Prime Day by 60%. That being said, it is safe to assume that 2021 Prime Day will be even bigger. We are sharing some estimates on this year’s Prime Day.
We also created a checklist that will help you shape up your advertising for the biggest shopping event of the year.
If your campaigns are performing well without reaching their daily budget – increase them by 30-40%
If your campaigns are performing well while reaching their daily budget – increase them by 50-60% with a close monitoring
- If you are happy with the campaign’s performance and don’t have any budget caps – increase your budget by 100-200%
- If you have a complex structure with thousands of keywords – use bulk files to update your bids
- If bulk files are not your strongest suit, remember to increase placements bid adjustments and save hours of work
- Lastly, remember to make sure you are not using Daily Budget Cap for Sponsored Product Ads
- Campaign Bidding Strategy change days before Prime Day – a big NO. This may have been recommended to you, but transitioning to Dynamic Bids up and down while simultaneously increasing bids and budgets by over 30% can bring more harm than good. Stick to the safe bidding strategy you trust
- Use multiple match types – at least 2
- Make sure to have good coverage with Auto campaigns
- Harvest well-performing keywords to their own campaigns
- Make sure your backend keywords are optimized for Prime Day
- If you are not running any deals, we advise you to create coupons. Even the smallest amount discounted that is aligned with your margins will increase your conversion rate and brand awareness
- Make sure to highlight your Prime Day deals in Sponsored Brands. Include both videos and storefront views
- Optimize your Storefront for Prime Day
- Sponsored Display campaigns – This is a tricky one. If you’ve had success with DSP campaigns, make sure to increase visibility through Sponsored Display Ads. A huge advantage is the increase of brand awareness, but you should expect higher ACoS. Have special attention paid to this campaign type if you created it this week as it can run wild.
- Invest in your Off of Amazon advertising. It pays off
If you make sure to check each box, you are set for success. After a close research, we do believe that this year’s Prime Day will be memorable. The increased consumer demand will most likely create extensive traffic volume you can funnel to your listings. Invest your resources smartly and timely. Happy and successful Prime Day from the Elemerce team.